- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 lbs. coarsely chopped peeled tomatoes (about 2 cups)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb. eggplant peeled and cut into cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 3/4 lb. uncooked shell pasta
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella, cubed (about 1 cup)
Place oil and garlic in large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat 30 seconds or until garlic begins to sizzle. Add tomato and salt and cook 15 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
Add the eggplant, cover, reduce heat, and cook 15 minutes or until eggplant is tender. Stir in basil and set aside. Cook and drain pasta. Toss w/ sauce and add cheese.
In South Central PA, you can find organic veggies here.
Excellent culinary salts are available from here.